Duncan Roads is best known as the Editor for Nexus Magazine,.a role which he undertook in the mid 1990s. Nexus continues to inspire and inform its readers. This bio is in Duncan’s own words.
I took over NEXUS in mid-1990 and changed the contents and direction to reflect the topics I was most interested and experienced in. I consider myself politically neutral, and NEXUS has reflected this by avoiding the traditional left- versus right-wing narrative
Duncan Roads: NEXUS Editor/Owner
Thus both NEXUS and I have been varyingly referred to as left wing, right wing, pro-Israeli and anti-Semitic, depending on who was doing the attacking. Some have gone so far as to claim that I’m a Freemason, a Libyan secret agent, a Rosicrucian, a Scientologist—and even a shape-shifting Reptilian!
My background, however, is very much grass roots. I was raised on a small farm in northern Tasmania; my family had migrated there from the UK in the early 1960s. We were not well off, and so we grew or killed and cured most of our food. In the early 1970s, my parents switched to organic gardening and farming, began meditating, and read dozens of books on spirituality.
I left home at 15 and hitchhiked to Sydney, where I immersed myself in the ever-growing world of alternative health, spirituality, peace and environmental issues. I ran alternative bookshops, organised lecture tours and conferences, and created a free what’s-on magazine called Southern Crossings. A few years later, I worked at Simply Living magazine, and it was there that my interest in suppressed and ignored information took full bloom.
In 1986, I was commissioned to write an article on conspiracy theories, and a few months later I found myself in Libya, meeting people such as Muammar Gaddafi, Yasser Arafat, Stokely Carmichael and others on the West’s “hit list” at the time. I was intrigued to discover that Gaddafi was trying to create an alternative to the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank, and was warning of a coming New World Order backed by a global cashless currency.
In the mid- to late 1980s, I created the Organisation of Mad Scientists, which later evolved into ASTRO (the Alternative Science and Technology Research Organisation).
Through my travels and research into conspiracy theories, I have met insiders and whistleblowers from numerous countries. All of them have expanded my understanding of how western society is actually run and controlled.
For over 30 years, people have taken and used the information from NEXUS to improve their lives, increase their choices and expand their awareness.
About NEXUS Magazine
NEXUS Magazine is a genuine alternative news magazine — a bi-monthly publication that has been around since 1987 — more than 30 years!
The magazine features in-depth articles covering health breakthroughs, future science and technology, suppressed news, free energy, religious revisionism, conspiracy, the environment, history and ancient mysteries, the mind, UFOs, paranormal and the unexplained.
We also feature the latest world news round-up, thought-provoking editorials from publisher Duncan Roads, reader letters, book, film, CD and product reviews, science breakthroughs and more.
No products found.
Unaffiliated Alternative News
We include advertisements relevant and of interest to our audience. NEXUS Magazine is not affiliated with any political, religious or spiritual groups or organisations whatsoever.
NEXUS has held conferences around Australia and other countries on all things alternative and more recently on the secret history of Australia.
The magazine is on sale in shops across Australia, New Zealand, UK and Europe, USA and Canada and available through nexusmagazine.com. For readers who prefer to read on computer, tablet or phone, NEXUS Magazine digital/online is available via nexusmagazine.com. Both hard copy and online subscriptions can be ordered from our website at www.nexusmagazine.com/subscription.
NexusNewsfeed.com is a FREE alternative news and information service, covering 12 categories: Ancient Mysteries, Climate & Ecology, Consciousness, Food & Cooking, Geopolitics, Health & Healing, Home/Family/Pets, Human Rights, Science Futures, Self-Sufficiency, Spiritual/Psychic and the Unexplained.
NexusNewsfeed.com was the brainchild of NEXUS Editor Duncan Roads, not as a vehicle to fight the current mainstream manufactured reality, but instead to provide a vehicle for like-minded, independent thinkers, to help create something new. Something better.
Filter news by topic or sign up to save preferences from the 12 Categories, 72 Sub-Categories and hundreds of Topics available. Nexus Newsfeed features events and channels which provide additional content from some of your favourite alternative news providers, and delivers free content 24/7 customised to your interests and offers:
- a browser or app experience;
- fully searchable content that never expires;
- a filter for selected topics with one click/tap;
- the option of a daily headlines email; and
- local, regional and global content.
Latest from Nexus Newsfeed
- Astaxanthin shown to slow brain aging
- Ecuador’s palm oil law a boon for producers, but not people and planet, groups say
- The coming “Cyber Pandemic” and ‘Virus Mimicking’ nanotech
- General Mike Flynn on The Dan Bongino Show
- Lockdowns are based on fraud: open letter to people who want freedom
- The apparent peculiar effects of the Covid-19 virus on our nutrient levels
- The full speech – what the media didn't tell you
- Contact Tracing to access card payments
- Smartwatches to monitor your nightmares
- China unhappy at Australia-USA hypersonic missile deal
- Aloe vera found to be more effective against diabetic complications than conventional medicine
- Scientists develop an electrochemical process that removes toxic mercury from contaminated water
- Garlock fault in Southern California is slipping and could generate “massive quakes,” warn scientists
- Images from NASA show the moon is brighter than the sun when viewed through a gamma-ray telescope
- Exploring the potential of using essential oils to control bipolaris leaf spot in maize
Last update on 2020-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API